2017 in Review
2017 ended in a frenzy of bagel baking with the final baking day being 40% greater than any baking day before it - you all enjoyed 229 bagels on December 16th! In total, the monthly baking days saw 2310 bagels leave the door in 2017 (compared to 683 in 2016 - which felt big at the time). In addition, 325 bagels were sold to business partners and more bagels were sold at various markets. In short, a whole lot of bagels were formed, baked and enjoyed last year (including the first mail order batch). Thank you all for your purchases, referrals and enthusiastic support.
So, what's coming in 2018?
- First and foremost, a permanent kitchen solution must be found. This will increase my ability to offer bagels to more business customers, offer private customers more baking dates (and, possibly, a Sunday delivery option) and generally increase flexibility. I have some encouraging leads on this front, but still welcome any leads, referrals or tips you might have!
- A price increase. : ( Although I would love to give you my bagels free of charge, the baby likes to eat and I'm rather partial to having a roof over my head. No worries, this won't come into play until point 1 is addressed.
- A greater presence at markets is in the works to help spread the word in the non-English speaking communities and - most importantly - to spread the bagel love!
- New products - cinnamon rolls, sourdough-based breads, English muffins, and maybe even tasty cream-cheese scheamers.
- New bagel flavours including pumpernickel, a bagel-of-month, and maybe even gluten-free bagels.
As you look forward to the new year, I hope that it will be filled with good health, good friends and good food. Thank you for your support.